Powered By Blogger

Thursday, June 28, 2012

White sneakers and Jose Cuervo

Two Haiku (haikus?) inspired by two divergent observations today.



Spotless white sneakers
shuffle through life, and the mall
"Get Dirty!" shouts Death




Jose rides shotgun
Hot wind blows AC/DC
Summer is the nuts



By way of explanation:
The first observation was of this old dude shuffling down the sidewalk in a pair of sneakers so preposterously white...I imagined him shuffling around his house, around the mall, anywhere flat and clean, shuffling safely and spotlessly toward death. And I thought, what kind of life is that, for him or his sneakers?!? Screw being safe and clean, Might as well get dirty...


The second was an observation on one of those perfect summer days; really hot, a few puffy clouds in the sky, cruising with the windows down, warm summer air blowing and flowing, enjoying AC/DC cranking loud and the bottle of tequila I just bought sitting there in the front seat next to me.

Peace to the Planet...

1 comment:

  1. The second reminds me of alumni weekend. Except for the tequila, that could have been me as I drove from Jay's to my sisters. It was a great ride.

    ReplyDelete